Clean Energy Partners Limited (referred to as “our”, “us” or "we") is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of our current, former and potential customers (referred to as “customers”, “you” and “your”).
2 How we collect personal information
Generally, the types of personal information that we collect from or about you depends on the circumstances in which the information is collected. We have described below examples of the types of personal information that may be collected, however this is not an exhaustive list:
- Your name and contact details, including physical and postal address, email address, phone number, and mobile number.
- Information relating to the way you use or navigate any of our websites.
- Other personal information that we are permitted or required by law to obtain, as well as any other information that you choose to provide us.
We collect personal information from or about you in a variety of ways. We will try to collect personal information directly from you, either in person, over the phone, by email, or through our digital and online channels. However, we may also collect your personal information from other third parties, including our related entities, service providers, contractors, and agents.
3. Why we collect personal information and what we do with it
We only collect personal information that we consider necessary for the effective functioning or activities of our business, and we only hold, use and disclose it for the purposes for which it was originally collected (and for related purposes which you would reasonably expect), unless required or authorised by or under law or if you have consented to another use. Some of the specific purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information include to enable us to correspond with you and do business together and for reasons related to our business operations, such as to ensure we continue to deliver quality products and services to our customers and potential customers.
4. Who has access to your personal information?
- our employees, officers, contractors, agents, and third party service providers (for example, mailing houses, marketing agencies, airline programme partners, market research providers, printers, insurance providers, financiers, website and data hosting providers, data analytics providers, warranty companies, and other IT suppliers);
- our related or affiliated companies and their respective employees, officers, contractors, service providers and agents (and our related or affiliated companies may disclose the personal information directly to their contractors, service providers and agents);
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisors in order for us to obtain their advice;
- any other third parties to whom you direct or permit us to disclose your personal information (e.g. third parties with whom we have directly or indirectly arranged services for your benefit);
- any other third parties that require the information for law enforcement, formal dispute resolution, or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and
- as otherwise permitted or required by or under any applicable law.
Should we sell a part of or the whole of our business, our records of personal information will be transferred to the new business owner or any of its related or affiliated companies (as the case may be).
5. Disclosure of personal information offshore
Some of the third parties to whom we disclose personal information may be located outside New Zealand. In addition, our website and systems and those of our group companies may also be based on servers located outside of New Zealand. When we disclose personal information to third parties based offshore, we will comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act that relate to the transfer of personal information offshore.
6. Storage and security of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, corruption, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including through physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
If we provide you with any passwords or other security devices it is important that you keep these secret and confidential and do not allow them to be used by any other person. You should notify us immediately if the security of these devices is breached to prevent the unauthorised disclosure of your personal information.
7. How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was collected, taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services, and comply with legal requirements.
8. You can access and correct personal information
You may obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not we hold personal information about you. You may also request a copy of the personal information and/or request that corrections or changes are made to it. You can make such requests in relation to your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details set out below. Please quote your name and address and, if possible, provide brief details of what information you want a copy of (this helps us to more readily locate your information).
We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are required or authorised to refuse such access by law.
In some cases, there may be a charge associated with retrieving and providing a copy of your personal information to you. If so, we will advise you of this prior to sending your information.
All such enquiries should be directed to:
Clean Energy Partners Limited
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 027 237 7652
9. Privacy queries or complaints
If you have any questions or complaints about the handling of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer in the first instance using the contact details set out above and we will do our best to assist.
If you are still not satisfied, you can make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner. Further details on how to do this are available on the Privacy Commissioner website at www.privacy.org.nz.
11. Privacy Act
Our website uses a technology called cookies to record the preferences of visitors and enable us to optimise the design of our website. A "cookie" is a small data element that a website transfers to your computer for record keeping and experience customisation purposes. The length of time that a user’s computer stores cookies is determined by the user’s browser settings. During normal website usage our website "cookies" do not store your email address or other personal information about you unless you have given your consent, or if it is essential for technical reasons (i.e. secure login).
We use this technology to generate statistics and measure website activity to improve the usefulness of customer visits. Third party vendors may utilise cookies to collect information about the content you view on our website and use that information to show and/or serve our advertisements on other websites based on a user’s prior visits to our website and other internet activity. We may also use analytics data supplied by third party vendors to inform and optimise our ad campaigns. We may utilise third party cookies in some parts of our website.
Some of the tags that are used on our website include, but are not limited to, container tags (such as Google tag manager), which include retargeting tags and analytics tags. These tags provide us with aggregated knowledge and information on website behaviour and user preferences.
13. Email and other electronic communications
We are committed to full compliance with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007.
By using our website and other online and digital channels and/or by providing us with your personal information you consent to receiving communications from us or from third parties on our behalf using the contact details you have provided (including, without limitation, via direct mailing, email, SMS, telephone call, and other phone number based messaging) which promote and market our products and services, or the products and services of others, from time to time.
You can opt out of those communications at any stage by contacting us using the contact details set out above or by utilising the "unsubscribe" facility included on all such communications. Once you have unsubscribed from these communications, we will remove you from the corresponding marketing list as soon as is reasonably practicable.
14. Links to other websites